Weekly Recap

Hey y’all!  So… I landed in the ER Friday night with lower abdominal pain. Turns out I have a kidney stone. I am much better, but have no clue if the thing has passed because the worst pain was Friday and not as bad yesterday. Today I am having very little pain and I heard passing the stone is the most painful. This is unfamiliar territory for me since I’ve never had a kidney stone or bladder problems until recently. Whew. I am so thankful I got to see 2 out of 3 soccer games my daughter played in over the weekend. Resting is also very hard for me. I’m sure y’all can relate!

The first of the week started off pretty well except for the severe weather we had come through early Monday morning. 

Monday: running rest day due to severe weather. I came up with a fun game with my class. I wrote letters A-Z with exercises written by each letter. Each member of the class had to spell their name and do whatever exercise that went along with it. For example if your name starts with an “M” you would do 40 seconds of “Mountain Climbers.” The letter “A” was for “Arm Circles” and “E” was for “Elbow Plank.” You get the point. Everyone was doing something different and they really enjoyed it. I am always trying to change things up! I must admit, we do lots of planks in my class but ZERO burpees. I don’t like burpees and my ladies don’t either. They give me whip-lash lol. Ah well, I will never be a Spartan Beast. 

Tuesday: I ran 5 beautiful sunrise miles. This run was glorious let me tell you. The kids were off for spring break so I soaked in the sunrise. We are usually getting the kids ready for school at that time and I miss running early. I really enjoyed this run with God. Just beautiful. Just what I needed to start my day. The rest of my Tuesday was super busy. I had prayer meeting then took the girls to get a hair cut. I had made an appointment to get the kids’ spring pictures made, but the photographer cancelled because she had the flu. I was so disappointed. It’s been 2 years since they had professional pictures made together. They ended up spending the night with my Father-in-law so hubby and I went fishing. It was just what I needed after running the roads all day. Sunset on the lake. I love living here.

Wednesday: We sponsored a local 5k so we automatically had entries to the race. I decided to try a little speedwork. It was super hot because more bad weather came through that morning. I warmed up one mile, ran a quick mile at 9:13, cooled down then walked the last mile for a total of 4 for the day. I’m still trying to get all the miles in I can to meet my 1000 mile goal for the year! It started raining here and later that afternoon is when I started not feeling so well. 

Thursday: running rest day. I was preparing my workout for class when my chest started to hurt around 2 o’clock. I had all the kids here and it scared me so badly, I had to cancel my class. I was so upset. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and chest pains are part of the problem, but I wasn’t having palpitations. The kids ended up going to stay with my Mother-in-law for the night so I could rest. 

Friday: I got up around 6:30 to try and run a few miles. I felt so good I ran 5 and I thought that was a good sign that whatever was ailing me the day before was over. Weeeelll… not so much. My oldest daughter had a soccer game in Alabama that night. I started having pains in my left side around 2:30. I thought they might go away, but by the time we got to her game around 6:15, I was in some kind of pain. I waited for her to get out of the car and I broke down to my poor husband to tell him I was hurting. I sucked it up and made it through her soccer game. Aubrynn and her team won 1-0! We headed home and decided it was best if I go to the ER and get checked out. My mom met me at the hospital and hubby took the kids home. Luckily, no one was there and turns out I was suffering from a kidney stone. Plus my bladder infection from 2 weeks ago had not cleared up. Sheesh! No wonder I was in pain. 

I didn’t make it to Aubrynn’s game yesterday. I stayed home to rest (grrrrrr) and I was not happy about it. I looked up yoga poses for kidney stones and practiced them inside. I walked a mile outside and practiced my Camel Pose by the lake. Pinterest said this pose would help me pass my precious kidney stone ๐Ÿ’Ž. It did make me feel a little better. 

I did make it to Aubrynn’s game today. I was bound and determined to go. This Momma does not miss games or any of my kids’ activities. Her team ended up in third place winning 2 games and losing 1 at the Eastern Shore Premier Cup tournament. She played so well. I couldn’t be more proud. I played soccer too in high school, but this girl has way more talent than I ever did. She is simply amazing out there. 

I don’t think I have passed the kidney stone yet so I will have to close my class for the week and go back to the doctor. I may try to run in the morning. Heck I ran 5 miles Friday without any problems until later that afternoon. Maybe I’ve passed it and don’t know it? Fingers crossed! 

How was your week? Ever have any health issues pop up out of nowhere? Is it because I’m in my late 30’s?? I am linking up with Tricia and Holly for the Weekly Wrap! 

25 thoughts on “Weekly Recap

  1. Oh my! I hope by now the kidney stone has resolved itself- that does not sounds like fun- not at all! Congrats to your daughter- kids that play sports get two thumbs up from me!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s